Pato is a 7-year-old boy who takes the appearance of a duck and one of Pocoyo's best friends and main character in the series.
Pato is a very friendly duck who Pocoyo has known for quite some time. When his time isn't spent with Pocoyo and/or Elly, he can usually be found watering his garden or other plants or flowerbeds. He has the unique ability to shape and bend his body to the way he desires and can even give himself flight or be used like a tool.
Normally Pato appears to be very calm and very passive about most things. He loves gardening and flowers above all else, but he also enjoys things like skateboarding or listening to rock music. He can be pretty fussy when someone messes something up, or if he doesn't get his way, and his temper has no bounds. He can also become stubborn, demanding, or greedy when put in a tough spot. But he is usually very nice, and often acts cool to try to cover his insecurities. Sometimes he can become a bit too dramatic.
Pato is a yellow duck with big black eyes. He has small wings for hands, and an orange beak and feet. He always wears a green hat on his head.
- Pato's name is both the portuguese and spanish word for Duck. It also applies in Filipino, Tok Pisin and Papiamento.
- He is a favourite amongst The Children due to his enjoyable dancing and the fact that his beak turns 360 degrees.
- In the pilot episode of Pocoyo, His name is Ducky.
- In Pocoyo's Christmas Carol, the scene of the ghost of past Christmas shows a younger Pato and Pocoyo. It is also shown how he hatches from the egg and befriends Pocoyo. As ducks naturally grow faster than humans, this explains how Pato is already a adult while Pocoyo has only turned 4.
- Pato has an actual job! He is a postman.
- The episode "Isla Dragón" revealed a few things about Pato:
- He suffers from Dracophobia (ie he is very, very afraid of dragons).
- He likes to travel to other places around the world.
- He really likes going to the beach.
- At various times, he shows to be very concerned about nature and the environment, as in the episode "Christmas Tree" (in which he was very reluctant to cut down a Christmas tree because he felt he shouldn't harm a beautiful tree) or in the episode "Muck struck" (where it is revealed that his ship can pick up any trash and pollution, which helped save his and his friends' favorite lake).
|Main characters (V • E)|
|Pocoyo • Pato • Elly • Loula • Sleepy Bird • Baby Bird • Fred • Caterpillar • Nina • Roberto|